ASP.NET is a next generation version of Microsoft’s ASP (Active Server Pages). Microsoft .NET framework was introduced with ASP.NET programming and it simplified the way web applications were built.
ASP.NET is a next generation version of Microsoft’s ASP (Active Server Pages). Towards the beginning, after the inception of the Internet, web pages were primarily static and had to be manually updated in case of any changes. A platform to develop dynamic Web Pages that would update automatically had become the need of the hour. Microsoft first brought ASP (Active Server Pages) to solve this problem. However, as applications grew bigger and more complex the need for architecture was felt, which would facilitate application development in a structured way.
Microsoft .NET framework was introduced with ASP.NET programming and it simplified the way web applications were built. Today, ASP.NET is one of the most favorite programming frameworks in the web-development industry. ASP is a server-side scripting technology. ASP is a technology that Microsoft created to ease the development of interactive Web applications.
The main features of asp.net are:
– it helps to bundle and minimize the size of the scripts and style sheets in applications.
– it has data controls that can be strongly typed.
– it enables developing Webforms that are independent of the Model that populates the view.
– it provides many Value Providers that can be used to filter data.
– it provides support for OpenID for OAuth logins using which external services can login to an application.
– it supports Web-Sockets allow to perform duplex communication between the client browser and the web server. – it has enhanced support for asynchronous programming.
– it supports HTML5 form types. Microsoft’s ASP.NET is a language and platform-neutral and interoperable technology. It is one of the most successful web technologies till date.
Asp.Net enables developers to write high performance, search-engine friendly web application quickly. It provides services to allow the creation, deployment, and execution of Web Applications and Web Services. Topics covered in this are:
- Introduction to .NET Framework
- Method & exceptions, Method ¶meter, Arrays
- Essential of object oriented programming, Using reference type variable, Creating & destroying objects.
- Inheritance in C #, Aggregation, namespace & advanced scope.
- Operators & events, Properties & indexer, Attributes.
- Consuming & manipulating data
- Testing & debugging A windows application
- Microsoft net framework
- Language Support
- Loops , Arrays, String concatenation, Event handler.
- Implements navigation for the user interface
- Error handling
ASP.NET is an evolution of Microsoft’s Active Server Page (ASP) technology. Using ASP.NET, you can rapidly develop highly advanced web applications based on the .NET framework. Microsoft is moving all its technologies to be .NET based or .NET related. The next version of SQL Server even supports writing stored procedures in .NET languages. .NET runtime will be part of all Operating Systems by default. In short, if you like to work on Microsoft technologies for programming, .NET would be the only choice you will have. Whether you are building a small business web site or a large corporate web application distributed across multiple networks, ASP.NET will provide you all the features you could possibly need. .NET developers are much sought after by corporate biggies including Microsoft, Trilogy, Infosys, Xirs Ventures Inc., Wipro, etc.